Ugh, that was frustrating. The first National team game I get to see in person and the team just didn't look solid. It was fun to be *at* the game, but the game itself was sloppy.
Here are some quick thoughts:
- A lot of noisy Ecuadorians were there in their bright yellow; they would cheer whenever their player moved forward with the ball.
- #7 in the yellow was a cock the whole game.
- I was really impressed with Chandler and Gooch; the only real bright spots on the field (other than Howard). Great to see Gooch with a step, and Chandler was making runs and defending as he should.
- Beckerman was annoying me; he is a liability. And don't know who is worse/better, Spector or Williams. Edu kept slipping.
- While I want to like Altidore, he can't do anything receiving the ball every damn time with his back to the goal.
- Bradley brought a spark to the game, imo. He runs, which can't be said for everyone. Good on offense, gets back on D. Same can be said for Shea; I have liked him since his first game under JK.
- I want to like Aquadelo and Buddle; just need to find reason to.
- Beasley, while not running his tail off, seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Comes with experience.